On the 4th I went to a Halloween party as Rorschach. Unfortunately, only two people recognized me, but I managed to have a nice conversation with one of them about comics.
The mask was a bit of a last-minute affair, and consisted of a very light blouse that I painted black (for the details) and white (for opacity). The paint wasn't thick enough to prevent me from seeing out of it, though. Unfortunately, despite my efforts, I couldn't find a white scarf.
Last weekend I roasted a lamb and had some friends over to help me eat it. The potatoes should have been cut in half and microwaved a bit longer, but for the most part, it went quite well.
I've been playing a fair bit of DDR lately, and tonight I managed to pass my second 9 footer, although not nearly by the margin that I'd have liked. I should practice some more with the 8 footers.
Recently I've been playing around a bit with Django, a web framework written in Python. I'm still figuring out how to write good, maintainable, portable code in it, but it makes a lot of things really nice and easy, and comes with a lot of batteries included.
Today I bought a bunch of loose-leaf tea. I'm quite enjoying Rooibos.
Things I should be working on:
- Studying for Old English test Thursday
- Chaos & Fractals assignment due Friday
- Concurrency assignment due next Monday (or Wednesday if I take a free late)
- Algebraic Curves assignment due next Thursday or Friday
Things I'd rather be working on:
- 17th century Men In Black
- Reading The Phoenix Guards (and wondering how, given the number of duels they fight and the associated mortality rate, how Dragaerans have managed to survive this long)
- Coding something in/with Django
- Playing more DDR